Friday, April 8, 2011

The Real World

Finals are going on around it here . . . or so I've been told. I am not participating in them myself and thank goodness for that!

Last night Pete and I were exchanging what we planned on doing for the rest of the evening, he in New Jersey and I at home. He said he was going to do some "free writing" so that he could at least feel like he had started his papers. I immediately thought about how grateful I was that I did not have papers to write anymore and that I was past that feeling of wading through mud just trying to figure out where to start that dreaded paper.

The harsh realities hit me at work today when I sat down to write a press release without any idea where to start and I thought to myself, 'maybe I should start by free writing' . . . Apparently school does have application to life outside in the real world!

Hang in there friends who are preparing for and taking finals. And just know that it isn't over once you graduate.

On that happy, motivational note, here are some pictures of things that I did not get to do while in school but get to do now that I work in "The Real World."
Out on the beach at 7:00am--had to get in our beach time.

In my element--where I spent most of my time in Cancun

What I did on my free day after the rain cleared.

And a message I found on the beach! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment