For as much as I like to dress up, I should be a HUGE fan of Halloween. Let's be honest here, I was playing dress ups with Ali well into our high school years. But I have never really liked Halloween--maybe the fact that everyone dresses up at the same time takes the fun out of it. So I did not dress up on Halloween this year. I did, however, dress up multiple times the week before the actual day for a few parties I had to attend. The first time I dress up was for dance. I taught two days but only got a pictures of what I dressed up as for Wednesday's classes--Miss Showcase USA.
Each year when we went on tour during the summer our teachers held the "Miss Showcase USA pageant." I was in fact crowned in 2003 I think or maybe it was 2004. So it was a small trip down memory lane for me (I wore the actual plastic, glittered crown I received when I was give the title).
None of the kids really cared about my costume, but the owner of the studio (who taught me dance since I was 4 years old) loved it--and that is really all that counts right? So I just had to endure a lot of "What are you supposed to be?" from the children the whole evening. This is what EVERY YEAR goes like:
2009: "Who are you supposed to be?" Answer: "Katie!" (my sister who I assistant taught with, she dressed up like me and we made the girls call us by the opposite name--I have to admit that year was fun)
2010: Question: "What are you supposed to be?" Answer: "The iPod commercial" (dressed in all black with my white iPod) *got only confused looks from the kids.* Apparently no one watches TV anymore?
2011: For Thursday's classes I dressed up as a Disco Queen with a bright purple full-body suit complete with bell bottoms and a huge collar that was actually my Grandma's in the 1970s. Talk about authentic. Again, none of the little girls really cared that it was a true outfit from the 70s and continued to ask "what are you supposed to be?" I then responded with "a Disco Queen" *pulling a Saturday Night Fever pose.* When I got a confused look I would state, "1970s--Ever heard of 'em?" But sadly, they haven't since most of these girls were born within the current decade.
Better luck next year, Annie. One day I will find a costume that requires no explanation.
For a family party with Pete's fam on Saturday, we went as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Little Olivia (who is 5 years old) was Snow White and the rest of us were the dwarfs. I was Bashful and Pete was Happy. Sadly, I did not get a single picture that night. Sorry! But let me assure you--we looked goooood.
For a family party with Pete's fam on Saturday, we went as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Little Olivia (who is 5 years old) was Snow White and the rest of us were the dwarfs. I was Bashful and Pete was Happy. Sadly, I did not get a single picture that night. Sorry! But let me assure you--we looked goooood.

This post made me laugh OUT LOUD! Especially the picture. Classic. I agree, everyone else dressing up really does take the fun out it.
ReplyDeleteHow could you get no pictures? Sounds like fun!
ReplyDelete