Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bumps, Bruises, and Other News

I just wanted to give an update on our family's happenings since we have been quite busy around here:

First off, a month or so ago I had an abscessed tooth that ended in a painful root canal. It was no fun! The dentist said he could not see any explainable reason why that particular tooth would have died. Apparently it just makes no sense. Except to me--who knows that tooth problems are just my lot in life :) So the day of the root canal I thought perhaps my pain and swelling would be relieved only to find out it had to get much worse before getting better. Luckily, Afton was very sweet to me that day and I was able to take care of her despite my pain.


I guess the only bruises we have had as of late are those to our bank account since Peter has been hearing back from medical schools! He had 4 interviews scheduled (but he did his first this last week) so now he has 3 more scheduled for the next couple of months. He interviewed in Minnesota at the Mayo Clinic last week and then he has an interview with University of Kentucky next week and one in November at the Cooper School of Medicine in New Jersey and Virginia Commonwealth in December. I couldn't be more proud of his hard work. And while it is hard to fork out the dough for all these interviews, we know it's an investment for our future!
Fancy headshot huh? And handsome too!

I started back at dance a week ago and so far I love my schedule and my girls! I teach a lot of little kid classes (ages 3-8) and one class of jr. high girls. It is helping to keep my creativity flowing and breaks up the middle of my week. Thankfully, I have such awesome family who are more than willing to keep Afton when needed. Teaching dance wouldn't be possible without them! I am thankful for them!

Afton has been getting better sleep for a couple of weeks (although I am sure we will be back to fighting her soon) and she is so much more interactive! I have transitioned from feeling like I am home alone taking care of a baby to doing things with my little buddy. She is lots of fun and we love getting to know her little personality.




It is starting to feel fall-ish around here! I like it, but am sad. I don't want summer to end. And for some reason I am really mourning the idea of all the fresh produce being gone. I know it's available throughout the winter but it is so darn expensive for produce that just isn't real great! .... Apparently my life revolves around produce these days. Hmm....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds busy and happy! You have a good life.

    Love you all,

    ReplyDelete