-During her seventh month, Afton cut her first tooth! One day she was eating and I kept seeing a flash of white on her bottom gums but every time I tried to get a better look she would just stick her tongue out and try to lick my fingers. So finally I just stuck my finger in her mouth to chew on and sure enough I felt a jagged little tooth that came out of no where! I really can't say I noticed any difference in her behavior. She was a little grumpier that week but I attributed it to her typical lack of napping. The next day I thought I felt a tooth on her upper gums as well but I haven't felt it again so, false alarm! I think that was last week that I found it and it just slowly keeps coming up and we can see it better and better each day.
-Right around the time Afton was cutting her tooth she took to biting me while I nursed her. She has gotten better and doesn't do it as often anymore but for a few days there I thought I was going to have to stop nursing her because I didn't know how to discipline her after it happened and help her realized that it was not ok. I tried to just stop feeding her but then 30 minutes later she would want to finish eating and I really didn't want to create that habit. Luckily, she has stopped and only does it every couple of days.
-Has definitely found her lungs. She can scream -- loud! She grunts a lot, especially when we are feeding her solids. Sometimes she is trying to indicate she wants more and other times I swear she is just enjoying listening to herself. Crazy girl.
-Pats my back nearly every time I hold her! It is so fun to feel that little tiny hand. I pat her back when I burp her and I rub her back when I put her to sleep. I think she is just trying to reciprocate the love :)
-Has a new found love for tags. SHE LOVES TAGS! She will find them on blankets, changing pads, clothes, etc. She is fascinated by them and could play with them for quite a long time. Most of the time she chooses to play with the tag on the blanket she is sitting or laying on over any toys in front of her.
-When Afton nurses she tends to put her foot up and rests it on my shoulder. It makes me laugh every time.
-Loves to be thrown in the air (which her dad has been dying to do with her for a while) but she never really enjoyed it until recently. She also loves to dance with me while I hold her and she likes to watch me dance as well. It makes choreographing for my dance classes easier!
-Is wearing 6-month clothing now. She has so many cute outfits I have been wanting to bust out for a while and it is fun to have her finally fit into them!
-Has a case of cradle cap but you really can't see it because of her hair. Everything I have read says this should clear up on babies by the time they are 6 months. However, I didn't really realize it until lately. I can't help but pick at it! The doc said it's no big deal and that some head n shoulder shampoo should clear it up. But if I just rub her scalp a little better when washing her hair it helps.
-Has had quite the repertoire of food (although not compared to some kids, I have gone a bit slow with feeding her because I have been making all her food and it takes a bit of work to buy and prepare so many things!). The most exciting things she has eaten lately include graham crackers (from Graham Cracker Grandpa Pete) and a french fry courtesy of cousin Jennsen. Both of which I believe she enjoyed immensely ;) Other than that her diet consists of mashed foods and the occasional Cheerios or Gerber puffs
-During her seventh month Afton fell asleep on my lap at church! She has not fallen asleep in my arms since she was maybe 4 months old! It was rare and so sweet.
-Afton is happiest when both dad and mom are around. She loves it! She also loves having visitors come over at times when she is used to being at home with just mom (like weeknight evenings). I think she can sense that it is out of the ordinary and she thinks that is so fun. So feel free to stop by and make her day!
Here are a few pictures of Afton at 7 months:
In love with these knees. And when she straightens her legs to accentuate them.
Afton's favorite activity--Looking at herself in the mirror. And Pete of course enjoying his favorite activity too--playing dead...?
Playing with the tags as always. And looking fine in her cute outfit from Great Boofie!
This picture kills me. Doesn't she look like a Tae Kwon Do master who is about to kill you?
The big cheese. She is into this squinty-eyed cheesy smile lately
Looking so old!
Oh, my, she is getting so big! And still as beautiful as always.
ReplyDeleteMiss you all,