Some fun things about Afton at eight months:
-Afton pretty much weaned herself off binkies. Here's how it went: she was pretty uninterested in sucking on binkies for a week or two. Each time I gave it to her to quiet her or put her to bed she would grab it out and chew on it. Once I noticed this I decided I would take the opportunity to wean her off it. However, I still carried it with me and often used it as a last resort. One Sunday while up at Boofie and Grandpa's house, it fell out of her car seat and got left behind. We called Jessica who put it in her purse, and then at one point she gave it to Michelle, I think, and we just kept forgetting to get it back. Meanwhile, the other binky she was willing to take fell behind her crib. This was a frequent occurrence and I just kept forgetting to get it out and each time I reached for a binky in the diaper bag there wasn't one. Therefore, we stopped using them. Sometimes I wonder if it would help her sleep better at times when she struggles to fall asleep but then I figure we have gotten along just fine without it and I would rather be done with it now before a serious attachment forms and it is harder to break later. She is a pretty good baby so we just try to carry Cheerios around now to use when times call for desperate measures, which is rare.
-Has started cuddling with me when I am putting her to bed! She used to NEVER lay her head on my shoulder or chest. But now she will when I am putting her to bed. She only does it with me (I think). She will not do it to Pete and I haven't asked if she does it to grandmas, grandpas, aunts, or uncles when they are babysitting...so I think it is only me.
-Has a wonderful point! She likes to stick her leg straight in the air with a perfectly pointed toe when I am feeding her. It sure makes momma proud!
-Loves touch and feel books and books that have flaps to lift. She loves to be able to touch the books when we are reading them and gets especially excited when there is more than just a smooth surface to feel.
-She has started this weird sniff/huff thing with her nose. She makes a little angry face and breaths through her nose rapidly. We love it.
-She also makes this "Velociraptor noise" as Pete likes to call it. She does it as a happy noise when she sees something she likes but it sounds a lot like a dinosaur. She also makes funny gurgling noises in her throat all the time. I think she likes to hear herself.
-Has started to wave Hi/Bye sometimes. It is fun to see her start imitating things we do.
-Is still not crawling. She rolls around and maneuvers quite well to get what she wants. She has started to get angry and flail her limbs when she sees something right in front of her that she wants. But she just can't seem to figure out that she needs to get her tummy off the floor. Although, we have caught her sleeping in a crawling position with her bum in the air. Silly girl.
-Is a champ at feeding herself. It is so nice to be able to set her in her highchair with bits of food and be able to make dinner while she eats. Bliss!
Pete and I think she is just at the funnest stage right now. We love how interactive she is and also love that she isn't in to too much just yet. We love our little Goose!
She is growing up and changing so fast! Love you all,
ReplyDelete