Thursday, November 13, 2014

Halloween 2014

We have had a cute little frog costume for Afton that Bessie gave us before she was born. It finally fits her and we periodically tried it on her to make sure she would wear it for Halloween. I fully intended to use it since we didn't have any special plans for Halloween other than trick-or-treating.
A couple of days before Halloween Pete said he thought I should do something more fun like a little old lady, which I had found the idea for on Pinterest. I texted my mom a picture of a little walker made out of PVC pipe and she thought my dad would be on board to help me build it. So on Thursday when I went down to teach dance I brought some spray paint and my dad had bought some PVC pipe and my dad built her cute little walker.

I also went to about 5 different store looking for the perfect bifocals without lenses before realizing that I could just pop the lenses out of the ones from the dollar store! It was quite a feat to get those lenses out but I did it and Afton wouldn't wear them in the end.
Trying them on before I popped the lenses out. It took a lot of coaxing to get this picture!

I also went to about 5 stores looking for gray spray paint. Everyone was sold out or didn't carry it. I finally found it at the American Fork Walmart-the last one they had! Which of course Afton screamed and cried about while we put it on.
 Afton was pretty grumpy on Halloween and I was just ready to call it quits honestly. But we had made plans to go trick-or-treating with some friends from medical school and Afton loves their kids (Reagan and McKay) so I was hoping she would be better once they got here. She was and they had a ball trick-or-treating to about 10 houses. Afton was SO slow we just didn't have the stamina to continue. We came back to our house and made homemade donuts while the girls played. It was a good holiday.

I also dressed up for dance with my "bun in the oven." I hadn't really told anyone I was pregnant so that was fun.

The Monday night before halloween we carved (Afton painted) pumpkins.


Dad carved Afton!

No comments:

Post a Comment