Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Little Ballerina

We started Afton in a ballet class for the summer. The first day she was timid and I promised her I would be right there with her. I showed up not knowing that there was a dress code but she didn't even seem to notice that she was the only one not in a pink or black leotard, tights, and ballet slippers. Miss Kim also has a strict policy that no parents can observe inside the room so I had to sit out in the hall and just listen after I promised her I would stay with her. But she took miss Kim's hand and hasn't looked back since. She LOVES the class and having so many "friends." She knows almost everyone's names in the class and talks as if they are best of friends but since they are not allowed to talk during class I'm pretty sure she hasn't had a conversation with any of them.

She is a social butterfly and gains so much from doing structured things, like ballet, that give her confidence. She is a good listener and very focused during class. Within a few weeks she mastered skipping and holding her toes open in first position--both were big struggles at first!

We are proud of our little ballerina and find such joy in watching her learn new things.




No comments:

Post a Comment