For our honeymoon, Pete and I went on a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. I had never been to Mexico or on a cruise so I was pretty excited for the new adventure and Pete was excited to show me the ropes about cruisin'. After spending a couple of days in Salt Lake City, we flew to Tampa, Florida and boarded the 'Radiance of the Seas'.

We definitely walked up and down all 11 floors of the ship the moment we got on and surveyed what the next 4 days had in store for us.




Pete would say "I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat" about every 1.5 hours. I knew he couldn't possibly be hungry but since the food was constantly available and that kid could put on a few pounds, I usually agreed to go eat and while he had a full meal I would have my share of pineapple until my sore mouth couldn't take it anymore.

We decided to spend our day in Cozumel at Tulum, a sight of ancient Mayan ruins. The sight was an hour and a half away from our port so we boarded a tour bus with about 40 other people from our ship.

Of course, the tour bus had to stop at a souvenir shop to use the bathrooms before entering Tulum and Pete and I enjoyed the crazy, and sometimes disturbing, nick-nacks mexico had to offer.

The Mayan ruins were incredible! We enjoyed learning about the ancient inhabitants who once lived there.

This is our friend Guapo we met on the beach at Tulum. He ate a Wheat Thin we gave him and followed us around hoping for more.
While playing with Guapo and enjoying the scenery, Pete and I watched the time carefully so we could arrive back at our bus on time. For some reason, however, our only clock (on Pete's phone) was 15 minutes behind. While we thought we began to head back to the bus in plenty of time, we had a hard time finding our bus...

I saw one picking up speed nearby that looked like our bus. I started to run after it trying to find the number on the opposite side to see if it was ours. A very kind woman on the bus who recognized us saw us running and made the bus driver stop. He protested but finally did and we boarded the bus, only to find out he had given our lunch away and fully intended on leaving us latecomers behind. We then were informed of the actual time and realized how lucky we were to be headed back to our temporary home, the Radiance of the Seas, which would (for a lot less money) eventually take us back home.
We were VERY grateful to be headed safely home so that we could spend Christmas with our families and not lost in Mexico (without a passport nonetheless).
Looks like you had a great trip! It makes me wish I was there!
ReplyDeleteHave I mentioned I love that you are blogging?!Keep the post coming!
:) FUN! I drove pas Costa Vida today and thought to myself in the most annoying valley girl voice, "Oh my gosh! I LOVE Costa!" ;) Miss you girl.
ReplyDelete