Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Back to Our Roots



Recently I have lost sight of who I used to be. When I graduated from college I had these visions of being a productive college graduate who was constantly seeking out learning opportunities. But as I look at myself today I realize that I am only doing all I can to get by. I go to work early in the morning and get home late in the day then I do all my household duties and never take time to do something new or anything I love.



So....here are a few of things I intend on implementing into my life on a weekly basis:


  • Running for as long as I want (who cares if I should be doing laundry or dishes instead).

  • Projects. Creative projects. Like making cute skirts and painting old dressers.

  • Eating popsicles.

  • Learning to play the piano (really this time).

  • Family History research-this takes a lot of hours but I am determined to find even a little time here and there.

  • Perhaps not on a weekly basis but I definitely think Pete and I should go country swing dancing more often. We went the other night with some friends and had a BLAST! (pictured above)

Here's to new beginnings. I am going to spend more time doing the things I love and learning new things. And I think as a result Pete will stop feeling so pressured to constantly study and never take a break--I really think these improvements will be good for both of us in many ways.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new beginnings - we need them more often than we think! Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete