Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Triathlete

In September Pete completed his first Triathlon! He made a goal at the beginning of the year to complete one and started lightly training in the spring/summer. I wanted so badly to be there to support him on the day of the race but it was way up in Ogden and his dad and him were leaving early in the morning and I would have to sit in a camping chair outside all day, alone. And pregnant.

So I got up early with him and helped him get out the door. I wished him luck and made him promise to take pictures for me. I was sad that I wasn't there but quickly fell back asleep for a couple more hours.

I made him promise to call me right when he was done so he called me on their way home and said everything went "fine." So typical. Come to find out, when I met him at his parents house in Alpine an hour later, he actually had an allergic reaction to something following the race and his dad gave him a hefty dose of Benadryl. All of this I had to find out from his mom because he was conked out. So I didn't get the full story of how things went until a few hours later.

So in the meantime, I went to the adult session of Stake Conference with his parents and hung out with his family while he slept it off.

That night we relaxed and watched the BYU-Utah game. Pete was tired from the Benadryl and a little sore over the next few days, but I tell ya, you really wouldn't know that kid had just completed a full Triathlon! He amazes me.

He will probably kill me for posting these photos, but it was a big deal and I can't pass up documenting our lives without fully documenting (pictures and all) Pete's first Triathlon!

 Don't mind the fact that he is making the same face in every one of these photos :)


Way to Go Pete!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, such a multi-talented man! Way to go, Pete. Is there anything you can't do?

    Love you both,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you Annie! I didn't know you were expecting. And a girl?! Yay. That is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete