Friday, February 8, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 40 Weeks!

Tomorrow is February 9. The day that has been anticipated and talked about by Pete and I since June...weird! Although, I have always known that realistically she probably won't come on that day, I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that it will come and go without a baby for us to hold.

Every day this week I have woke up thinking, "hm..February 6 [or insert every other day of the week here]...Good day for a birthday." But apparently this baby thinks otherwise. It looks like I may have another week of that ahead of me.

I asked Pete to take a picture of me today because I figure it will be my last belly shot! So without further adieu, the 40 week pic in all its glory:

That belly just sticks right out there doesn't it?

Teaching dance still is probably the hardest thing about being 39+ weeks pregnant for me. I kind of dread going because it is hard when you just feel large and uncomfortable, but I always come home in a better mood because the girls just make me laugh. Everyone thinks I am crazy for still jumping around with the girls, and although it does take a lot out of me, I still feel capable of doing it and I think that is what is keeping me sane. So bring on another week, right?

I often tell Pete about the funny things the girls say--which the last few weeks have revolved entirely around this baby--And then I look at that photo above (or in the mirror) and realize that it's no wonder that is all they can talk about, it's huge! And kind of all they can see when they look at me since they are at that height. So who can blame them for asking me all sorts of questions about the baby when I am mid sentence?

Last week my home ward and family threw this little girl baby showers. It was so kind and I felt so loved. They showered me with adorable things and between them and my mom we got everything crossed of our list of baby needs. I am always impressed by the loving people in my family and home ward and being with them makes me remember the unique way that I grew up and the amazing people who have shaped who I am today.
 
One of the funnest things about the ward shower was seeing old friends who I grew up with. We don't see each other often enough and so it was a blast to catch up and see them with their babies or pregnant themselves (or just rockin' the single life--love you Ali!!).

Pete and I feel so blessed by the incredible support we have from family and friends! This little girl is so loved already and she doesn't even know it yet! Although I hope she can feel it already.

So here's to another week of 40 minute treadmill walks, yoga ball bouncing, warm relaxation baths and anything else I can come up with to induce labor! Castor oil aside, I am open to suggestions :)

3 comments:

  1. Evening Primrose oil. Take it orally and vaginally and it will soften you right up! :) I'm a true believer of it! Yay! Happy Birthday soon baby girl Sundwall!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't rush perfect. She'll come out when she's good and ready! Looking forward to meeting her. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy--you are ADORABLE at 40 weeks! I bet you can't even tell you're pregnant from behind. Though I must admit, this post really made me miss you and wish I could have been there for one of your showers and to give you a hug! I also loved seeing Mikelle--holy cow I feel like she fell off the face of the earth because she doesn't have facebook! If you have her email or phone number please send it my way--I'd love to catch up with her! I'm so excited for you!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete