Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Idaho Trip with Cousins!

In June I went to Idaho with my mom and sisters and their kids. We celebrated my Grandma's 80th birthday!

I was so excited to finally have Afton meet Grandma and Aunt Amy as well as many other family members. We had a fun little weekend celebrating Grandma and thriving on the chaos of six kids on a 6-hour road trip. The kids actually did awesome and we surprisingly all got pretty good sleep while sleeping all those kids in the same house!

On the ride to Idaho Colin sat next to Afton in the back seat. He was so cute about putting Afton's binky in her mouth when she started to cry even though it clearly scared him. (I think he thought she was going to bite his finger or something.) And then near the end of the trip Afton started getting fussy and so Colin told her stories and she was totally mesmerized as long as he kept talking. We are grateful for fun and helpful cousins!

The kids all took turns holding Afton:
Emma

Jennsen

Ellie

Colin


The kids table at Grandma's party
 
I am still kicking myself that I didn't get a four generation photo with Grandma D! I guess that means we will have to come visit again!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you came and yes, you'll have to come again to get that 4 generation photo. Was a great birthday for Grandma.

    ReplyDelete