Tuesday, May 13, 2014

On the Move and Miss Copy Cat

In the last week or so Afton has really gotten brave. She began walking in mid-April and it has been a bit slow going. At first we had to really entice her to walk anywhere on her own. Then she started taking small steps between furniture. Then last week some time she started following me when I would leave the room. Then she started walking all around our house but was timid any where else.

But this week she has been willing to walk on her own at other people's houses, the library, outside, etc. and when she falls she gets right back up and keeps going. It is fun to see her so brave!

She has also begun mimicking EVERYTHING I do. She watches me put on my makeup and then attempts to do the same, she will try to eat and drink just like I do. Today was the best though. I was cleaning up the house when my mom called so I answered and started talking to her while continuing to walk around the house tidying things up. I only talked to her for a few minutes but after I got off Afton found this little white calculator-looking thing and walked all over the house saying "lo?" (Hello) and then jabbering away! She would even stop and look at the "phone" and then pretend to dial before putting to her ear again and walking all around.

She just cracks me up! Sometimes I wonder "what is she doing?" And then I realize she is mimicking something I did a few minutes earlier! It's a little scary--I better watch what I do!
She can pretty much get to wherever she wants now and there is not much 
I can do to stop this determined little girl.

Pictures are getting to be always blurry because she is on the go!

Trying on her new swimsuit!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such a big girl! And a new swimsuit!! Can't wait to see her again.

    ReplyDelete