-Dances around by turning in a circle with one arm out in front of her
-Folds her arms when it's time to pray and says "Amen" during and after prayers as well as when you sing/play hymns.
-Says quite a few words which only Peter and I can understand. Except "thank you" it's her favorite word and she says it at the funniest times. Like after I change her diaper.
-Signs "more," "all done," "wash," "please," "thank you," and "hungry"
-Can point to her (and others') eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and head when asked.
-Still sucks those two middle fingers and likes her jammies unzipped--Elvis style.
-Likes to sit down and "read" books as well as have conversations with herself (sometimes holding up a pretend phone to her ear and other times just when she is playing).
-Will point to familiar pictures when we ask "where is the ball?" or dog, snowman, etc.
-Has memorized some of her books enough to read the fun parts along with us. Like "yum, yum, yum" in Baby Born or her cookie monster book. As well as "hush" from Goodnight Moon.
-Watched a little boy jumping up and down while trying to entertain her and now she tries to do it by picking one foot high up in the air and stomping it down.
-Will find my purses and drag them all over the house. It's cute to watch her try to be such a big girl!
-Will help clean up toys, crackers on the floor, etc. when asked and with some praise, of course.
-Loves to knock on doors from the inside, especially when she wants to go outside.
-Can make like 13 animal sounds! Elephant, dog, snake, pig, bird/chick, cow, horse, fish, monkey, lion, duck, bunny rabbit, car (not really an animal but still). We are close with cat and frog. She has been pointing to a giraffe in her book trying to get me to tell her what sound it makes but I had no idea until my dad looked it up yesterday. So I guess we will be working on that one now too.
-Loves Baby Einstein's Old McDonald on YouTube. One day I was just out of ideas and she was grumpy so I turned it on and she started singing "e-i-e-i-o" with them and now LOVES to sing that. She has also picked up on the actions to the songs "Five Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree" and "Popcorn Popping"
-Still sleeps like a champ although she had a rough patch recently while she cut all four of her molars.
-And those curls aren't going anywhere apparently! Which we love!
She has a fascination with animals and so many books with animals in them but I think I may start renting books from the library on specific topics like alphabet, numbers, colors, etc. since she is just absorbing everything so quickly!
We love this stage--as we have every stage with this girl! She is such a joy; she keeps us busy and so happy.





No comments:
Post a Comment