We went with the Sundwall family on a family vacation to Oceanside, CA. It was a total dream vacation! We laid around, hung out on the beach, and ate yummy food. It doesn't get better than that.
First of all, I was really worried about this trip because Afton had been super clingy and really grumpy for about a week leading up to the trip. It would be her first plane ride and with her runny nose and cough I just wasn't sure how she would do. But let it be known that vacation is Afton's THING! She must have felt Peter and I relax and decided to do the same because she was absolutely perfect on the trip! She slept on the plane ride there and took good naps whenever she could get them (in the stroller and/or car) and that really isn't like her. But we took it!
Sleeping on the plane.
Whenever Peter jokes about him falling asleep because I am boring or something, he makes this exact face. So when he fell asleep for real I couldn't help taking a picture!
Trying on Jessica's sun hat to gear up for our trip!
We visited the San Diego temple on Sunday after church. I had seen pictures but it was so much more beautiful in person! That night we sat around and listened to Zach jam while the family all joined in and made up their own songs. It always amazes me what a talented family I married into!
Afton danced around and tried clothes on while Zach played music.
Afton LOVED the beach! It surprised me. She had no fear of the waves and would run up to them. She also loved playing in the sand. There were Koi ponds at our condos and she loved looking at those as well.
Looking at the Koi.
We walked around Seaport before we boarded our plane. Afton was great on the plane ride home and didn't complain one bit until we got into our car. Then she realized the vacation was over and she wasn't happy about it. She cried herself to sleep on the ride home. Poor girl.
To end a wonderful family vacation, Jessica opened her mission call the night we got home. She is headed to the Washington, D.C. North mission/visitor's center. She leaves August 27th!
We love spending time with our wonderful Sundwall side of the family. We are lucky they do such fun things and that they allow us to tag along!
Zach stayed in our room for some of the trip and put up with the early nights of putting Afton to bed and having to whisper the rest of the night. Afton sure loved when he was around!
While in California Afton's hair got blonder and was in really tight curls because of the humidity. I miss it! I love this picture because it shows that curly hair as well as a hilarious Afton face!
















What a great vacation!
ReplyDelete