Wednesday, February 18, 2015

It's My Party

Afton turned two yesterday! We had a little party for her on Monday evening and it was so fun! Afton got really into parties a few weeks before her birthday so we were able to discuss it a lot leading up to the big day and she was very vocal about what she wanted. She was SO excited to have cake, ice cream, candles, balloons, and presents. She kept saying she wanted purple and black balloons as well as chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream.

Monday morning when she woke up she wanted to put on a skirt for her party so I let her choose out an outfit. We had been gone for the previous week (staying with Jeff and Olivia in Alpine) so we had a lot of housework and laundry to do throughout the day. She was great to help me go grocery shopping and made sure that I did not forget to buy the ice cream for her party.
After her nap we ran to the store to get some balloons. I talked to her about getting other colors but she wanted to stick with purple and black so that is what we got (as well as a couple of pink ones). We sat and watched the clerk blow up all 12 balloons and each time she would shout out the color that was being blow up. She loved it! She helped me carry them to the car and was just happy as could be about those balloons!
As I frosted her cake she sat on the counter watching and singing over and over "Happy birthday to you!!" She was cracking me up!
After dinner some of Afton's grandparents and cousins showed up and she as thrilled. We were sad to not have everyone there but we sure were grateful to everyone who could come help her celebrate. She was just the happiest girl!!
Afton got so many gifts and has been in heaven playing with them ever since. She sincerely loves every single one and takes turns playing with them all. She was equally excited about the big presents from her grandparents as well as the 3 little suckers her cousin brought her.
That night, we put Afton in bed at 8:30 and at 9:00 I thought I heard her talking so I walked closer to her door and realized that she was singing to herself one last "happy birthday." After she finished the song she stated "Happy Birthday, Afton!" and then didn't make another sound. I didn't know whether to cry or smile at that. It was so sweet and you could tell she had the best day.

On her actual birthday we went to dance class in the morning and then I had to run a few errands. The things I needed to take care of didn't work out so we stopped by Payless (her FAVORITE store) and looked for some new shoes since she only has one pair of winter boots and one pair of church shoes that fit now. I found some shoes she loved that were on sale so we got them and she wore them out of the store. I tried to convince her to run some more errands after her nap but she just wanted to play with her gifts so that is what we did.
That night after dinner we took Afton to the Holladay Lions recreation center and went swimming since she has been talking about wanting to go swimming for a couple of weeks now.

I think it's fair to say that this little girl had one amazing birthday thanks to all our family and loved ones!

We  couldn't be more proud of the person Afton is becoming and are excited for her to be Big Number 2!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Happy Birthday to Afton!!! Sounds like it was great. Wish we could have been there.

    Love you,

    ReplyDelete