Sunday, July 12, 2015

San Diego 2015

When Pete's uncle Mike said they would be getting sealed in the San Diego temple in June we thought we would send Pete and maybe Afton and I would stay home with the new baby. But when Zach decided to get married the same week in San Diego we decided we should all go. We decided to drive instead of fly since we would have so many things to take for the kids and then we would need a car down there. We broke the drive up into 2 days and stayed in Vegas the first night. The kids did great, especially the first leg to Vegas...after that the newness wore off on Afton, and Baby Peter was tired of the car. But they still did really well overall!
Afton is in her element when we do things out of the ordinary. She loves to feel like we are doing something special and she REALLY loves when we are surrounded by family. She was putting on a show when we stopped with Pete's family for lunch!
Lots of morning and evening walks with dad on the beach while mom stayed with Baby Brother in the condo (hence she is still in her jammies...if mom was in charge she wouldn't have been out in her jams :).
This is what baby Peter and I did most of the time. He changed a lot during this trip!
Again, Afton in her element surrounded by family, out to breakfast. Zach is in his element here as well...photobombing.
Afton LOVED the sand! She didn't love the water which was fine by me since the sand is safer! She was a little perturbed here that I dared to bother her for a picture while she was playing so intently.
Chips and Sand!
Just enjoying the boats
One of the many pictures caught on camera by someone else. I was grateful for family taking and sharing pictures so I could feel a part of things still!
What Peter did for most of the time in the car--which we are so grateful for! We committed to this trip before he was even born so if he hated the car we would have been in trouble! As long as the car was moving though, he was fine.
It was nice to have so many hands to help with the kids!
Pete styling baby Peter's hair.
At the San Diego temple after Mike and Ashlie's sealing. I wasn't planning on going inside for the sealing but with Jeff and the cousins' help I was able to! I was so grateful to be there, it was so neat!
Pete and I had talked about getting Afton a little baseball cap but we were picky about finding just the right one in a kid size. We looked every time we were out and eventually found a San Diego Padres hat that looks pretty great on her!
More chips and sand! yikes.
Peter and I even made it out to the beach once or twice! 

Not pictured, but worth mentioning is that our last night there, Pete got a stomach bug. Likely food poisoning. He was up sick all night so between the kids and him we were awake for most the night. The next day we had to pack up, clean the condo, check out, and drive home. Pete felt so sick and wasn't up to doing much so it made getting everything done a bit tricky. Luckily Pete's family was there to help! Pete's dad even drove our car most of the way to St George while Pete was sick in the front seat and I was in back with the kids. Not a great way to end a vacation but definitely memorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment