Afton has been saying the funniest things lately and I just had to document them so I don't forget how funny she is at this stage!
"Mom, did you know I want to go on a mission?" (I think we were singing a primary song called We'll Bring the World His Truth)
Whenever Pete and I are talking and she wants us to play she says "Mom, Dad, stop talking."
Looks at herself in the mirror after getting ready, "I look so pretty."
I have called Afton "Goose" since she was a baby--it just kinda stuck. So she comes up to Peter and says "Hi, Goose!"
"I can't believe this!" or "you gotta be kidding me" in whispered, exasperated tones to herself.
This one is old so I may have already mentioned it but occasionally (she is usually very helpful) when I ask her to do something she will say "I wish I could, Mom."
When she sees me working out: "Are you sweaty?"
The first time she noticed me sweating and asked if I was sweaty she followed it with "Dad gets sweaty when he mows the lawn sometimes."
Hears me breathing heavy while jogging and asks "Are you tired, Mom?" After I respond yes she says (while riding in the stroller) "I'm tired, too."
She does a little swivel of her legs and hips while whispering "sweater" when we put on certain button-up jammies with a sweater-type shirt.
"Oh man" over and over and over.
"Hey baby, can you put your listening ears on?" She picked that one up from preschool.
"This yogurt is like rum punch!" (Loves that part on Mary Poppins)
I ask her if she is done going potty because she is just sitting there and she responds, "I'm just hanging out."
"Don't worry, Mom. Don't worry." When we were looking to find something.




No comments:
Post a Comment