"The more skillful the caregiver, the more invisible her efforts become. Ideally, the recipients themselves don't even notice that they are being cared for, other than to accept caring as part of the natural order of things...Like the work of a fine seamstress, the tiny stitches that build character and confidence are invisible to the eye." ~ Ann Crittenden
My mom was so dang good at what she did I didn't even realize how incredible she was until I was old enough to recognize that home making and child rearing isn't really the easiest thing and super hard for most people. My mom made it look like a breeze. I only hope I can someday be as good of a mother as she is!
"She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through the generations to come...long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues shall have decayed or shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God." ~ David O. McKay
My parents on Halloween with my little sis last year.
(Don't kill me for putting this picture up, K?)

Well said Annie. Well said.
ReplyDelete-Drew
You hit the nail right on the head! So good to see you this weekend! Love you both
ReplyDeleteYou are too kind! Love you too!
ReplyDelete