Wednesday, June 26, 2013

One for the money, Two for the show, Three to get ready and FOUR to go!

During her fourth month of life Afton has taken two road trips! She handled them like a champ and took a lot of naps. --More to come on these vacations!

Afton went swimming for the first time as well! She was quite the bathing beauty. Like her baths, she simply tolerated being the water and didn't really enjoy it. So we swam for a few minutes and then she got to take a nap on Grandma Rita's lap.
We didn't have any swim diapers for Afton since we went on such short notice. Luckily, Brigham let us borrow one of his...only problem was that it was a little too big. But sure cute! (Don't you love her cowlick in the middle of her hair? It drives me crazy!)

Ready to get in!


 
Around 3-4 months Afton transitioned and sure threw mom for a loop! But we are getting the hang of things (just in time for her to transition again, I'm sure). We have figured out that if I feed her every 3ish hours she is more interested in eating. If I try to put feedings any closer than that she really won't eat. We have also learned that in order to get her to nap or sleep you must be tricky. If you sit down to rock her like I used to do routinely she will freak out. You have to hold her in new positions each time so that she doesn't know your trying to help her get to sleep. As long as it's quiet she will eventually fall asleep--she just can't know that that is your plan. Silly girl.

After a few rough nights of letting her cry it out she is (nearly) consistently sleeping through the night! For which I am so grateful!

Afton rolled over from her tummy to back a couple of times this month. It was quite hard work but she did it! Although she doesn't do it that often, she can do it. She is also getting close to rolling from back to tummy and is trying to do so as I type this....scratch that - she just did it! We have to keep a close eye on her!

She has been laughing more. And today I got some hearty belly laughs that just made my whole week! They are adorable. And I think will be sticking around and happening more often. :)

Afton still goes to the office with me 3+ times a week. She puts up with so much and does awesome at my office, for the most part!

At her four month appointment Afton weighed 12lbs 3oz and was 24.5 inches long. Still a rather small thing, but she is really healthy and developing great! She handled her shots so well and only cried briefly.

We love this girl and are so proud to be her parents!


1 comment:

  1. She is such a sweetheart! So sweet and happy! Love her little smile!

    Missing her already.

    ReplyDelete