I can't believe I forgot to blog about the White Coat Ceremony! I guess I figured I had already done it!
On August 15th Peter was cloaked in his white coat to official signify the beginning of his journey toward becoming a doctor! He recited the hippocratic oath and was given a white coat and a stethoscope donated by a practicing doctor.
My parents were there, along with Peter's dad and brother, Jeff. It was held at Kingsbury hall and a local Baptist pastor spoke and the choir from his congregation sang. Everyone said the pastor's talk was great and very inspirational. However, I didn't hear it because I was out in the hall putting Afton to sleep since the ceremony was during nap time. Afton thoroughly enjoyed the choir and danced in the aisle during their songs of Amazing Grace and the Battle Hymn of the Republic. She was a hoot!
We were so proud of Peter and excited to get this journey finally going. After the ceremony we headed over to The Pie for some pizza with our families!
The next day Peter decided to open his stethoscope and found that his was donated by his dad! It was such a sweet and tender moment when he found that out. We were in awe that his dad had done that. This is such a special step for Peter not only because it is what he has desired to do for a long time but also because he is following in the footsteps of so many of his wonderful family members (his dad and grandfathers, and even uncles too!)



No comments:
Post a Comment