At Afton's two week appointment with the Pediatrician, he informed me that she had been gaining just over an ounce a day! She is getting so big and it is weird to think that only a few weeks ago she was this tiny little delicate and fragile thing.
She is starting to fill out her swing better
We are still loving her to pieces and can't stop admiring her. She is adorable and we are smitten.
Pete is on Spring Break this week so we get to spend all morning together before he goes to work. It is so much fun and really nice for me to have the help!
Today we went to the park and enjoyed a picnic. Nothing is better than spring weather during Spring Break! That doesn't happen too often here in Utah!
I am trying to branch out as a mother more and begin taking Afton places. While we are still being very careful about where we take her and who we let see her (no sick people!) I feel like I need to slowly start running small errands and stuff with her or I will get stuck in my comfort zone of just staying home all day. It is nice to have a reason to get ready for the day and it is good to add a little challenge to our napping/feeding schedule.
Ready to go on an outing with Mom.
The other day I realized my maternity leave from work is half over! While I will still be spending most of my time at home with Afton and only working part time, I am sad that in less than 3 weeks I will not be able to just spend all of my time focused solely on her. It will definitely be an adjustment. But real life will come back whether I like it or not. :)
Sleeping so daintily
This week we also got Afton's newborn pictures back. They are adorable and so fun to have since she has already changed so much from that first week!


She is gorgeous!! I love your pictures!
ReplyDeleteShe is a beautiful little girl with beautiful parents! Love the new pictures.
ReplyDeleteMiss you all,