Peter's mom came all the way up to Salt Lake with us to watch Afton while we went in to the temple ceremony. It was so incredibly nice to not have to worry about her at all so we could just enjoy the sweet ceremony. And boy was it sweet!! Pete and I were both just thrilled to see Danny so happy with his beautiful bride!
Danny and Pete have followed each other their whole lives. Danny's mom visit taught Michelle when they were both pregnant with Danny and Pete. Then they both lived in Salt Lake by each other when they were young and both ended up in Alpine years later. They both attended UVU before their missions and roomed together. And they are both still attending now, although I kind of ruined them rooming together after their missions :). They have been best friends for a long time and I admire the special friendship they share.
I failed to get a picture of our little family that day. But I figure we survived it and my job was keeping Afton happy and well-fed. Maybe once that becomes a little more second nature I can worry more about getting good pics.
One cute thing: after Pete picked me up from dance, we went over to the reception center so that I could be there for the end of the reception. I had to feed Afton first, of course, so I went in the bathroom and was feeding her. She kept periodically stopping and would look up at me. Then after making sure I was still there and not about to leave her she would go back to eating. It was so sweet. But I felt bad that she seemed to think I was going to leave her at any moment. Sadly, that is what I had to do for most of the day. Feed her and then put her back in her carseat, or feed her and then hand her off to someone else. I'm glad those types if days only come once in a while. And I am so glad Afton is such a good-natured baby to put up with her parents running around like crazy people all day!
(This picture is from last Sunday. She fell asleep holding my hand. I love it when I feel like she needs me!)
So Sweet!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to go and loved the guys' suits. And that last picture of Afton, what a sweetheart. Love you,
ReplyDeleteCrazy day but its good for dads to experience it;) and it makes moms appreciate the slow boring days.
ReplyDelete