Saturday, April 27, 2013

Paying Homage

Pete has had quite the semester! On top of having a seriously pregnant wife and then a new baby (and no longer pregnant but more hormonal wife) he took the MCAT, took 18 credits in school and started a new job this semester! And, of course, did it all with grace.

Now that the semester is over I just want to highlight a few of the amazing things Pete has accomplished since January:
-first of all he dealt with all my demands and breakdowns while I was 8-9 months pregnant. I was really unable to do much about the nursery except worry that we wouldn't have what we needed to welcome a baby. So he would go out shopping with me and help me make decisions on baby things and then carry the stuff to the car and then get home and set things up with his tool kit. What a man!
-even with his really busy schedule he took the time to go over my birth plan and read through some of the books I had picked out that I wanted him to read so we could be on the same page. He was nothing but supportive of me and my wishes.
-studying for and then taking the MCAT. He worked so hard to improve his practice test scores when they weren't what he believed he was capable of. He took it when I was 37 weeks pregnant and received the scores back when Afton was a few days old. I can't tell you how proud I am of him. Not just because he got a good score but because he was very humble and prayerful about the whole process. We feel like we really have been blessed and I know it is because of his attitude. I feel excited and optimistic about our opportunities of getting into medical school-although Pete still worries a lot. :)
-he has been the most willing dad. He is eager to help and perfectly willing to get up in the middle of the night with Afton or stay up late putting her to bed even though he has a full schedule the next day.
-he started a new job a couple weeks after Afton was born and has been busy with that but is taking it in stride and enjoying his hard job!
-he took 18 credits in school this semester and will most likely come out with a 4.0 (again). Crazy kid!
-he also got a new calling in our ward the week before Afton was born. He is serving in the teachers quorum and does a good job at making time for that.
-he worked on a research project during the semester and was able to present his research at a conference in early April.

I could go on and on about the good things he is doing. (And I have to once in a while because he won't bring it up in his own.) He really has accomplished so much this semester and still made time for Afton and I. We sure do love dad!!



1 comment:

  1. He is quite a guy! You are truly blessed. I love the picture of him and Afton in his chair. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete