When Afton hears other children or babies crying she gets a really concerned look on her face and can't move on with whatever she is doing. It's sweet that she worries so much about other kids. Hopefully that will be helpful when we have another!
Afton has picked up on the actions of so many songs we sing (like the Wheels on the Bus, 5 Little Monkeys, etc.) So I try to teach her new ones every so often. Lately she has learned If You're Happy and You Know It. She will clap her hands or shout hooray at the proper times as well as point to her face and smile during the "your face will surely show it" part. Another song she has learned is "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" which makes Peter's day.
The other night Peter was playing the piano in the front room and Afton loves to go in and dance while he does this. So I went in with her and started doing ballet moves (first, second, fifth-high positions with my arms and arabesques and twirls) she totally copied me! It was a dream come true to show my little girl a dance move and have her do it with me! I was in heaven.
Afton jabbers all day long! She has really taken up talking gibberish and it is fun to hear her little voice talking so animatedly around the house all day.
Does this new little move where (at random places and times throughout the day) will get down on her tummy and kick her legs and move her arms like she is swimming. I think she picked that up from watching Peter and I do some workouts but who knows!
Drinks from the side of her sippy cup so she can look at you while she is drinking.
Pulls a "silly face" she learned from our 4-year-old neighbor in Orem (and possibly her Millar cousins too). It's hilarious but she has pulled it out at the dinner table when we have company over a few times and then it's just slightly embarrassing :).
Being silly
Being sassy. When I asked her to get her shoes she brought me Dad's to put on her feet and then gladly posed for a photo! What a goof.
Afton is getting better at climbing up on things which makes it more fun to go to the playground! Today she ran to the door to see Aunt Jessica and I didn't even know she could run that well! I guess all she needed was a little motivation. Thanks, Aunt Jessica!
She is also super friendly and likes to touch other children just softly. But since most of them look at her weird (since she doesn't know them) I tell her to just say "hi" to which she responds in the highest pitch possible "Hi" all flirty-like.








No comments:
Post a Comment