Sunday, August 10, 2014

We Moved. To Salt Lake.

Well, we made the big move! (That is sarcastic, because we only moved to Salt Lake when we were actually planning on Kentucky at one point!) I started packing about a month in advance since I knew I would be gone the week prior to our move. It actually made it feel easier in the end but it was weird to have our apartment boxed up for so long.

Afton was a trooper. I could kind of sense that things were affecting her for the few days around the moved since she was more whiney and clingy. She had a rough night the actual night of the move but then she acclimated and loves all the space in our new house!

We are living in Peter's grandparents house while they serve a mission in Rome, Italy for 18 months. The house is very nice and huge by our standards :) and we have a backyard! We are getting used to taking care of a house and yard and doing our best to keep things nice. Pete likes to say we are "fake homeowners." Really, it's an ideal situation.

So here are some pictures taken during the move.
It was hard to pack things up with Afton around because she would just take things out of boxes and play for a bit. I had music on one day and she tried on lots of different hats and watched herself on my phone :) This is her funky face.
Finding mom's cowboy hat and wondering why I hadn't got that out sooner? She loved it!

Enjoying her new backyard and the bench that is just her size.
Eating cookies in the backyard.
Our new place is about 15 minutes from the Hogle Zoo. Since Afton is way into animals right now we bought a pass and hope to use it lots!



Afton has gotten serious about helping me water the plants and pick up the apples that fall off the tree. She says "apple! apple!" and picks them up while grunting to carry the bucket as it gets heavier. Such a good helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment