Monday, April 8, 2013

6 Weeks and Counting

Afton turned six weeks old on Easter Sunday! I feel like since she was born we have heard and been saying, "oh that happens at six weeks," like her giving social smiles, laughing, her eyes developing more, etc. In my mind it has just been THE milestone since that is when I would go back to work as well. I also read a lot of books that said at six weeks you could begin sleep training. So again, it has just been a serious milestone in my mind. On Thursday before she turned six weeks she started smiling more often. She has this big open mouth smile that is new and it is so fun to see her turn her head and be more interested when we talk to her!
 
Here are a few pictures of Afton at five-six weeks of age:
Aunt Maggie came to play and stroked Afton's hair up. Afton loved it and fell right to sleep and this amazing hair-do was the result. We do it to her often now just because it is hilarious!

We are figuring out the Moby Wrap slowly! It is nice when I am trying to make dinner and Afton refuses to sleep :)

~The positions Afton falls asleep in always make me laugh. She looks like she is dancing in this one~
Pete gets to come home to have lunch with us most days before going to work. We enjoy that part of the day the most!

Afton on Easter Sunday. Sitting propped up all by herself!

I love her dainty little hands in this one.
 
Afton seems to big and so old to me! I constantly think about and miss those early newborn days. And yet I love the stage she is in now! I always tell her not to grow up anymore because I love how she is now. But I am realizing that each stage seems to get better and better! (which is good since I really can't stop time like I would like to)


1 comment:

  1. She is so precious. You are truly blessed.

    Love you all,

    ReplyDelete