Anyway, on to the sad part: I was holding her little hand watching the nurse get the needles ready while Afton was looking up at me being her happy little self when all of the sudden, bam! She gets poked! She looked at me like "how could you let this happen?" and I just had to keep reminding her that mommy still loves her and was so sorry for letting her get hurt like that. She screamed and cried like I have never heard and the nurse left the room. Part of me just wanted to sit in the room and hold her and comfort her until she was completely calm. But the other far too considerate part of me couldn't stop thinking that I should get out of the room so the next patient could be seen. I held her for a minute and then put her in her carseat. She calmed down a bit and fell asleep as soon as the car started moving. She did ok the rest of the day although she has been a bit more upset than usual (which still isn't a lot). She acted like she was in pain around 3:00. So I went to the pharmacy and got some infant Tylenol. And then tonight I gave her a warm bath and massaged her legs. She is a trooper!
At two months Afton:
-is smiling a lot. She smiles when we sing and talk to her. And she still smiles while looking off into the distance...I really would like to know what she is seeing!
-laughs in her sleep. It's just a couple little short laughs but it's so cute.
-coos in really high pitches
-is starting to grab things that are close to her--mostly my hair
-likes to be sung to and have her face stroked and hair played with by her dad. She doesn't like it as much when I do it.
-really lights up when she hears her dad's voice. But likes to follow mom with her head/eyes when dad is holding her.
-is very curious when she is wide awake and doesn't like to be put in positions where she can't look around
-still isn't a big fan of bathtime
-is wearing her bigger newborn outfits and smaller 3 mo clothing
(Wearing the outfit Daddy picked out for her on his trip to Colorado)
(Drifting off to sleep)
She is such a beautiful little angel!
ReplyDeleteShe is just precious. I cannot wait to meet her and hold her. Love you,
ReplyDeleteTwo things: ONE It is unreal that she sleeps that long. I must the be the worlds worst mom because I make HORRIBLE sleepers (or the coolest mom because I don't ever set my kids down....) and TWO try the shower. All of our kids didn't love bath time and took to the shower much better. Give it a try:) Love you and CAN'T wait to see you soon.
ReplyDelete