Monday, January 4, 2016

6 and 7 months

Peter cut his first tooth right before his first tooth right before his 6 month mark and the others quickly followed; he has four total. The first top one to come through came a week or two before the second and it was HILARIOUS to see that one huge tooth poking down. Now that he has both, it's still hilarious and so cute.  We have been trying to think of a nickname for him and Pete's dad said at one point that he looked like a beaver so we have been calling him Beaver or Beave. All lovingly, of course, because I think he is the most adorable beaver ever!
Trying to get a picture of the one tooth.
To get a good picture of Peter's upper teeth you really have to go at a funny angle that just makes him look so deliciously round and chubby!

Peter started recognizes his dad right around six months and would just light up any time Pete was around. He also has more recently developed stranger danger and cries when he sees Mom from across the room and realizes someone else is holding him. He gets the most dramatic pouty face and then slowly breaks into tears. We all just laugh at how slowly dramatic it is!

Peter learned to sit up around this time but really doesn't do it much. If you set him down sitting up he just purposely propels himself forward because he would rather be on his tummy. I thought he would enjoy being able to see more around him while sitting up but the carpet is just too exciting, I guess.

Just as Afton was at this age, Peter is mesmerized by screens. His dad likes to say he loves football but, really, he'll take anything on TV.

 Peter's cheeks get rosy real easily. After naps and being outside, Peter's cheeks are bright red. I think it is dry skin so we put lotion on them but they get easily irritated.

It took a month or two, but Peter started liking solids around 7 months. I didn't really do store bought baby food for Afton but it is free for us now (on WIC) and so I got some at the store once Peter turned 7 months and apparently that is all he needed. He eats it like a champ. Carrots and pears are probably his favorite, but he will do just about anything. I haven't been too adventurous yet, but some exciting things are in his near future! (Like meat, yogurt, etc.)
Green Pea Goatee

One day I wanted to give Peter something to keep him happy at meal time so that I could eat empty-handed and so I set some baby puffs on his highchair tray, thinking I would have to feed them to him. But it only took him a couple tries of using his fists to mastering the "pincer" grasp. He does pretty well feeding himself small cheerios and such. Which is great for meal time, because he can keep himself happy, but terrible for all other times because he will roll around on the ground and pick the tiniest things out of the carpet. Afton is learning she can't leave small things around anymore and I am getting in the habit of vacuuming more regularly because otherwise this guy is going to choke on something!
Working on eating a puff.
Really proud of himself.

Peter has a really funny sound he makes all the time which sounds like he is clearing his throat. It is usually accompanied by a high pitched scream.


Peter still isn't fond of long car rides but does SO much better in the car. I think maybe once he could see more of what was going on outside the window, he started hating the car less.
Enjoying the cart ride at Target
Enjoying the grocery store cart ride but that sun is just too bright!

After turning 7 months Peter began getting up on all fours and has now begun rocking. He occasionally moves a leg forward but he has gotten good at just propelling himself forward in a belly flop and rolling around to get where he wants.

Peter got a couple separate bouts with the croup during December. It was scary for Mom and Dad to hear him barking when he coughed. Luckily, he has such an awesome Grandpa who helped us out with helping him get better and make sure it never got too serious!

Peter makes us all so HAPPY and we LOVE having this little guy in our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment