Afton started talking about ice castles a couple weeks ago and constantly pretending that everything was an "ice castle". I have known about the Midway ice castles and was curious to see them but the tickets seemed so expensive and I wasn't sure it was worth it. But once Afton started taking interest in them I thought it might be worth going. My Grandma Davis sent me some money for my birthday and I decided this was the perfect family outing to spend it on! THANKS Grandma!!
Pete decided he could be done studying a little early on Friday and so I packed up dinner and we ate on our way to Midway. On weekends they have Elsa, Anna, & Kristoff there for the kids to meet, so that was an added plus! Of course, Afton was excited but then a bit shy once we got up close. It was a fun thing to do, and even though it was very cold we still had a fun time!
Pete is always so good about getting Afton all bundled up (even though she protests it the entire time) to go play out in the snow. She never thinks it sounds fun but always has a blast.
I came outside to take a picture before they were done. But since I didn't want to come back out again I made them take a picture before the snow man was finished. ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment